Your website is typically the first line of defense when a potential client takes the step to explore your product or service options. Does your website encompass key assets to allow your website visitors to becoming raving clients?
Take a glimpse at the following 5 points that may take your website engagement to the next level.
1. Who You Are – Visitors like to know about who they’ll be engaging for services. Make sure to include information that makes your business unique. What’s standard to you could be a selling point to a website visitor.
2. Testimonials or Portfolios – Writing engaging copy is half of the battle; having the opportunity to show your visitors and clients the products and services you provide is priceless. Be mindful to straddle the line and not come across as boastful or ‘showy’. Illuminate your strengths and allow your visitors examples of how you can serve their needs and be the prime choice in the selection process.
3. Social Media Icons – How you present your self on social media is becoming more and more important from the perspective of potential clients and brand watchers. Allow your visitors to keep the engagement juices flowing by displaying linked icons to your utilized social media channels to encourage connection. If a particular social media channel is not properly maintained, opt to leave that platform off of your website. An unattended social media account could indicate to ‘likers’ and followers that your business is no longer or you’re customer value and service standards are not streamlined and consistent.
4. Call to Action – We know that it’s imperative to have a contact page for interested visitors to further contact you. Equally as important is a strong Call to Action, or an interactive way for a visitor to continue connecting with you. A Call to Action could be an incentive to join an eClub or make an online purchase.
5. A Great Benefit – There is no better way to position yourself as an expert than to offer your visitors an added bonus for coming to your website. Said benefit can be entry to an exclusive email list or an informative white paper – Something that markets you but more, offers your visitors an unexpected extra.